Search Me

2011/03/03

An ambulance please!

The year was 2003 and it was finally Island Record's turn to be incharge of the next Thrice Album. As I've read the title " Artist in the Ambulance" is connected to the financial aid organisation Syrentha Savio Endowment, which's objective was to support breast cancer patients. It's not a secret that Thrice has chosen to donate a big part from their profits to several organisations and institutes.

The single "Stare at the Sun" was perhaps the top reason of their exponential increasement in popularity and "growth". In combination with a sold out tour across the US (with Coheed and Cambria) which continiued throughout 2004, Island records issued "If we Could Only see us Now", that contained a slightely different version of "Artist in the Ambulance" and an acoustic version of "Stare at the Sun".

I don't think its a coincidence that the album reached nr.16 at Billboard 200! It was really difficult to pick out three songs. Every song is something special. The album is a collection of songs that opened the road to what I would call the true identity of Thrice. I must say that Artist in the Ambulance claims a Hall of Fame place (yeah it's kinda mainstream but still a hit). And of course Stare at The sun has a special place in my generall top list so I'll give it the "priceless" award:P

Anyway here it goes,
Silhouette

Cold Cash Colder Hearts

The Abolition of Man

I see the parts but not the Whole
study saints and Scholars both
But no perfect plan unfurls
Do I trust my Heart or Just my Mind?
Why is truth so Hard to Find in this World?
Enjoy//Shilly

Inga kommentarer: