Search Me

2011/11/14

La Casa Fantom

Many times I've discussed with friends about the fact that Scandinavia has the tendency to "raise" many great musicians, and especially within metal, hardcore, punk, and so on .
Last week, while visiting Berlin I had the chanse to see two gigs, from two different scandinavian countries, Norway and Sweden. La Casa Fantom, a norwegian duo, is a recent recommendation, and I was pleasently suprised when I saw that would play in Berlin.

The band consists of two rather musically talented guys, the drummer Lars and the bassist Bård. The thing I really enjoy with this band is the fact that they experiment alot. They are not iced into one genre. Of course they are influenced by hardcore, or punk but they've got alot of post- rock features. Distorded bass, and explosive drums with a rather "empty" sound from times to times. I guess that their aim is the emotion itself, and not the sound of it. Well in combination with depressive dark scandinavian poetic lyrics they succed.

It was kinda cold and moisty in that basement and La Casa Fantom was next on the line after Avverkad. After a rather long come-into-the-mood ceremony, and a slight strip show (the bassist, changed clothes infront of everyone....Funny seeing norwegian white ass from the woods?) they started. As a warmup I guess they chose to play the more instrumental tracks, such as The golden Promise. (since being a swede I can imagine that it could also be an ironic reffeering to pee? haha no kidding) Then they headed off to stronger stuff.

This song, is from their recent 12'' and CD "Ingen Ny Dag" ( "Not a new day" in Free translation) which I strongly recommend. After listening to their previous work I believe that Ingen Ny Dag, is their most integrated release.

Enjoy// Captain Shilly

Inga kommentarer: