Search Me

2012/01/21

Bombay Bicycle Club

After doing some research about Chris Blackwell (a very interesting profile in the music industry by my opinion....) and his "baby" Island Records I discovered a great band, Bombay Bicycle Club. Funny thing is that just a few days after their discovery I found their second album Flaws, which is UK: Gold certified.
The guys started when being 15 and were called The Canals at first. But after being inspired by an indian restaurant in London they renamed their project to what it is today. They quickly won the industry's attention and released their first EP The boy I used to be on their own record label Mmm...Records. Their career headed off and by playing in many different festivals by the side of many well known bands such as Mumford and Sons they've managed to win the Best New Band award at the 2010 NME Awards.

One of my previous posts were about Foster, in which I commented the Twillight Saga..Well I guess that it comes back in the picture since their song How can you swallow so much sleep? from their first album I hade the blues but I shook them loose (2009) was included in the Twillight saga: Soundtrack release.... ( Gosh this saga is following me..Remember Alexander Desplat???) The Bombay Bicycle Club remind me very much of Mumford and sons, but has still a little Junip feeling in it. I definitely recommend them for a chill saturday morning..

Here you have their song "Jewel" from their album Flaws.

Enjoy, Captain

Inga kommentarer: